Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Beginnings

The work week went well (alliteration anyone?), and I'm all ready to for the students' first day on Monday. I'm nervous and excited. This year I'm teaching 7th grade English/Language Arts at a fantastic school. I'm still deciding my opinion about most of the other teachers, and so far the administration seems great.

It's a new beginning for little Miss Lilac Rain too. On Friday, I transfered her to the elementary school that is two minutes away from my new school. She's still in the same school district, so when she gets to middle school, she'll see a lot of her old friends again. Also, her new elementary is suppose to be the best in the district. After the year we had last year...well, I'm just happy that she's going to be challenged on a daily basis. In the morning, I'll drive her to my school and the bus will take her to the elementary. In the afternoon, her bus will bring her back to the middle school. So cool! And no daycare bill!!!

Monday is going to be a busy day...our first day with students, Lilac Rain and I both have eye doctor appts. *right* after school, and soccer practice starts! I'm already looking forward to next weekend! No worries...it's going to be a rockin' year!! :)

1 comment:

Cupcake Mama said...

I'm right behind you with one week to go!!! About to enter a brave new world~
*love*