Monday, August 20, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End

*Sigh* Summer is officially over for me. It was such a blast; I really wish I had a few more weeks of family, fun, hanging out, and crafting.

Tonight, I have to go to my new school for a Team Building Skills lecture. It's not mandatory, but since I'm new there this year, I have to go.

Tomorrow, I report to my new school to start getting ready for the students. Tues.-Fri. are teacher workdays with lectures scattered throughout them. Some I have to go to, others not. Thurs. is a long workday...open house starting at 2 and ending around 7. Ugh! I hope I can be ready in time.

There's still a TON of crap I have to do before next Mon. when we have our real first day of school...
Clean my closet
Go shopping for a few pieces of new clothing (the no money factor makes this a little difficult...at least all of Lilac Rain's shopping is done. On the positive side, I really don't need a whole lot)
Clean my house (because it won't be cleaned for a while)
Get lesson plans ready

Why does my list seem so small? I *know* that I have more to do!!

Lilac Rain starts fall soccer on the first day of school. It's a meet the coach and practice. After that, she'll have practices a couple of times a week and games a couple of times a week until the end of October. I can't believe that I'm a soccer mom again...I guess it goes well with the pink razor *laughs and rolls eyes*

Crafty news:
I finished two long skirts for Little Miss Lilac Rain, and I have two matching skirts almost done for me. They just need drawstrings and to be hemmed. I hate hemming with a passion!

I have a flanned patchwork quilt almost done for Jim. It needs to be sandwiched, tied and have the edging bound.

I'm about 1/4 of the way done with knitting a tie for Jim. I'm thinking it'll be done by Christmas, but if it's done earlier, I'll probably just give it to him since it was suppose to be a birthday/Father's Day gift. I had to bale on that idea and do something else for those days.

Finally, I have finished knitting ONE sock for myself. The sister sock has already been cast on and is ready to grow. The only down side to the first sock is that the yarn is beautifully hand dyed and my most favorite color combination that emerged happened to be on the bottom of the heel..the place that I'm going to be stepping on all of the time! Other than that I *love* it. It's only the 2nd thing I've ever knitted for myself. Usually, my crafts are given away as gifts, which I love to do, but I *really* wanted a pair of hand knit wool socks. Why do I feel so selfish right now?!?

When I start school, I always tend to put my crafting on hold even though it keeps me sane. Then I go insane and whip out all kinds of fabric and yarn and it gets thrown all over the house while I'm doing projects. This year is going to be different. Here's my goal:
1. Knit a little every night (It is probably my most relaxing craft, but the slowest for finished projects. It's also a great thing to take to soccer practices and games)
2. Sew when I want to (most likely on weekends), but finish a new garmet every three weeks (totally do-able)

Hopefully, this will keep me crafting during the school year and will reduce the amount of emotional meltdowns due to not being able to express myself creatively. I think it just might work.

No comments: